We LOVE our "Physical Thursdays!" and one of the best ways to help our children develop all their finger muscles ready for developing their pencil grip is dough disco.
We have been loving following Shonette Bason on Spread the Happiness who is CRAZY about fine motor development in a fun and exciting way.
There's the recipe below which we follow so why not have a go at home. You could even make up your own ideas to songs you love too once you get going.
You will need:
· 2 cups of flour, plus extra for dusting your board
· 1 cup of salt
· 2 cups of warm water
· Food colouring
· 2 tbsp vegetable oil
· 2 mixing bowls
· Wooden chopping board
· Wooden spoon
How to make playdough
1. Mix together the flour and salt in one bowl,
2. and the water, oil and a few drops of food colouring in the other bowl
3. Pour in the oil, water and food colouring mix into the bowl with the flour.
4. Dust your wooden chopping board with flour. Place the dough mix on top and knead for a few minutes until smooth and pliable.
5. Leave to cool completely and then your homemade playdough is ready for little hands!
6. Store in the fridge in an airtight container to keep fresh
Leave a Reply.